Brown Sugar Plums
- Total Time
If your toaster oven is large enough, use it to roast the plums. Also, you might roast a combination of other stone fruits — try apricots, nectarines, and peaches.
sliced almonds¼ cup(s), unblanched variety
sliced almonds1 Tbsp, unblanched variety
packed brown sugar3 Tbsp
unsalted butter2 tsp
plum(s)6 item(s), medium, red or purple plums, halved and pitted
fat-free plain Greek yogurt½ cup(s)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine 1⁄4 cup of the almonds and the brown sugar in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely ground. Add the butter and process just until combined.
- Arrange the plums, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Fill the cavity of each plum half with a level 1⁄2 teaspoon of the almond mixture; reserve the remaining mixture. Roast until the almond mixture is browned and the plums are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the yogurt and honey in a small bowl.
- Stir together the remaining ground almond mixture with the remaining 1 tablespoon almonds in a small bowl. Place 3 plum halves on each of 4 plates. Spoon a generous 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture on each plate and sprinkle evenly with remaining almond mixture. Yields 3 filled plum halve per serving.