Broiled Pineapple with Candied Ginger Yogurt Cream
- Total Time
fat-free plain Greek yogurt¼ cup(s)
crystallized ginger1 Tbsp, minced (candied ginger)
pineapple1 medium, peeled, cored, cut into 12 rounds
unpacked light brown sugar1 ½ Tbsp
ground allspice½ tsp
mint leaves4 piece(s), large sprigs (optional)
- Set oven rack about 5 inches from broiler; preheat broiler.
- Place yogurt in a small bowl and stir in ginger; set aside.
- Place 3 slices pineapple in each of 4 small (10-inch) oval gratin dishes, overlapping them slightly; sprinkle with brown sugar and allspice. Broil pineapple until bubbling and lightly caramelized, about 8 minutes (check once or twice to make sure pineapple isn’t getting too dark).
- Remove pineapple from oven; top each dish with 1 rounded tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with mint (if using) and serve warm.
- Serving size: 3 slices pineapple with 1 tablespoon topping