- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp crystallized ginger, minced (candied ginger)
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 12 rounds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unpacked light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 4 piece(s) mint leaves, large sprigs (optional)
Set oven rack about 5 inches from broiler; preheat broiler.
Place yogurt in a small bowl and stir in ginger; set aside.
Place 3 slices pineapple in each of 4 small (10-inch) oval gratin dishes, overlapping them slightly; sprinkle with brown sugar and allspice. Broil pineapple until bubbling and lightly caramelized, about 8 minutes (check once or twice to make sure pineapple isn’t getting too dark).
Remove pineapple from oven; top each dish with 1 rounded tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with mint (if using) and serve warm.
Serving size: 3 slices pineapple with 1 tablespoon topping
- Crystallized ginger imparts a ton of fabulous flavor to yogurt. It’s a wonderful topping for almost any type of broiled or baked fruit. Look for it in the bulk-foods section of natural foods stores so you don’t have to buy more then you need.