Broiled jalapeño poppers with crispy nacho topping
These jalapeño poppers have all the creamy, savory goodness that has made them an addictive crowd-pleaser for game day, parties, and cocktail hour, but with the added crunch that comes from crumbled nacho-flavored tortilla chips. The crunchy crumbs add another dimension of flavor and a welcome contrast of crisp texture with every bite. Pass these around while they are still warm from the oven, though it's more likely you will be followed around, so jut go ahead, stand still, and let your guests come to you.
6 large, halved lengthwise and seeded
Reduced fat whipped cream cheese
Cooked chicken chorizo sausage
3 oz, minced
1 medium, chopped
Light nacho-flavor tortilla chips
¾ oz, crushed to crumbs
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place jalapeños cut side down and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Combine cream cheese, chicken chorizo, and scallion.
- Flip jalapeños over and stuff 1 Tbsp filling into each. Top with tortilla chip crumbs.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for 5 minutes to heat through.
Yields – 12 poppers to serve 4