A fabulous, five-ingredient vegetable side. Also great over pasta and rice, or as a crostini topping.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked broccoli, or broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 15 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil broccoli rabe until just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes; drain and set aside.
Place oil and garlic in a large nonstick sauté pan; set over low heat. Sweat garlic for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently, keeping oil and garlic together in center of pan to avoid browning.
Add beans to pan; stir well to combine.
Add broccoli rabe and lemon juice to pan; toss to combine. Season well with salt and pepper. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste.