- Total Time
This pudding can also be cooled to room temperature for a custard-like consistency or served cold. Complement with fresh berries and a cup of herbal tea.
raisin bread2 slice(s), crusts removed
spreadable fruit2 tsp
instant nonfat dry milk⅔ cup(s)
water2 cup(s), boiling
vanilla extract½ tsp
ground cinnamon⅛ tsp, or to taste
ground nutmeg⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Coat a 4-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread bread with jelly and cut into squares. Layer into dish.
- Combine milk powder, boiling water, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Pour over bread and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger baking dish with boiling water, halfway up the side of the bread pudding dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Brown under broiler if desired. Serve hot.