- 2 slice(s) raisin bread, crusts removed
- 2 tsp spreadable fruit
- 2/3 cup(s) instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 cup(s) water, boiling
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Coat a 4-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread bread with jelly and cut into squares. Layer into dish.
- Combine milk powder, boiling water, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Pour over bread and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger baking dish with boiling water, halfway up the side of the bread pudding dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Brown under broiler if desired. Serve hot.