- 3/4 cup(s) ready to eat bran flakes
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest, or to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Crush cereal in a food processor or blender, or place in a zip-close plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin; pour into a medium bowl.
- Add egg whites, buttermilk and oil to bowl; stir and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Add flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt to bowl; whisk until well blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- To make pancakes, place 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet; repeat to make 4 pancakes at a time. Cook pancakes until puffed on top, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until golden brown on other side, about 2 minutes more. Repeat to make 12 pancakes. Serve pancakes in a short stack dusted with powdered sugar. Yields 3 pancakes per serving.