- Total Time
Crushed bran flake cereal boosts the fiber in these hearty pancakes. The pairing of lemon and berries give them a super sweet-tart flavor.
ready to eat bran flakes¾ cup(s)
egg white(s)2 large
low-fat buttermilk1 ¼ cup(s)
canola oil2 tsp
all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
lemon zest½ Tbsp, or to taste
baking powder1 tsp
baking soda½ tsp
table salt⅛ tsp, or to taste
fresh blueberries1 cup(s)
cooking spray2 spray(s)
powdered sugar2 tsp
- Crush cereal in a food processor or blender, or place in a zip-close plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin; pour into a medium bowl.
- Add egg whites, buttermilk and oil to bowl; stir and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Add flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt to bowl; whisk until well blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- To make pancakes, place 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet; repeat to make 4 pancakes at a time. Cook pancakes until puffed on top, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until golden brown on other side, about 2 minutes more. Repeat to make 12 pancakes. Serve pancakes in a short stack dusted with powdered sugar. Yields 3 pancakes per serving.