- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 bunch(es) arugula, baby variety
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce, roughly torn
- 3 medium pear(s), cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts, toasted
In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, blue cheese, garlic and pepper; set aside.
Combine arugula, romaine and pears in a large serving bowl; drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve. Yields about 2 cups per serving.
- For a colorful presentation, swap red pears for the green ones.