BLT Dip with Poppy Seed Tortilla Chips
- Total Time
Our editorial team devoured this dip in seconds. It truly tastes like a BLT sandwich in a bowl. And the chips are to die for.
flour tortilla(s)4 large
egg white(s)1 large, lightly beaten
poppy seeds2 tsp
uncooked turkey bacon4 slice(s)
light sour cream¾ cup(s)
reduced calorie mayonnaise¼ cup(s)
uncooked onion(s)3 Tbsp, sweet-variety, finely chopped
apple cider vinegar1 tsp, or distilled white vinegar
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
fresh tomato(es)¾ cup(s), fresh, diced
arugula½ cup(s), thinly shredded
fresh tomato(es)1 Tbsp, fresh, diced (for garnish)
arugula⅛ cup(s), thinly shredded (for garnish)
- To make chips, place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with egg white and then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Using a pizza slicer or a knife, cut each tortilla into 10 wedges; place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until slightly golden and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove chips to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make dip, cook turkey bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels and then tear or chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon for garnish. Add remaining bacon, 3/4 cup tomato and 1/2 cup arugula to sour cream mixture; stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Garnish dip with remaining bacon, tomato and arugula just before serving; serve with chips. Yields 5 chips and about 1/4 cup dip per serving.