BLT dip with poppy seed tortilla chips
1 large, lightly beaten
Uncooked turkey bacon
Light sour cream
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
3 Tbsp, chopped, sweet-variety, finely chopped
Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp, or distilled white vinegar
¼ tsp, freshly ground
¾ cup(s), fresh, diced
½ cup(s), thinly shredded
1 Tbsp, fresh, diced (for garnish)
⅛ cup(s), thinly shredded (for garnish)
- To make chips, place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with egg white and then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Using a pizza slicer or a knife, cut each tortilla into 10 wedges; place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until slightly golden and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove chips to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make dip, cook turkey bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels and then tear or chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon for garnish. Add remaining bacon, 3/4 cup tomato and 1/2 cup arugula to sour cream mixture; stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Garnish dip with remaining bacon, tomato and arugula just before serving; serve with chips. Yields 5 chips and about 1/4 cup dip per serving.