Bouillon cubes are a simple way to flavor a dish, but they are high in sodium, so use them sparingly.
- 1 2/3 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, tips, trimmed
- 4 slice(s) cooked Canadian-style bacon, chopped
- 12 small uncooked onion(s), baby onions, peeled
- 4 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 cup(s) table wine, red
- 1 cup(s) canned tomato paste
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 serving(s) beef bouillon cube, crumbled
- 3 1/2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), button
- 1 tsp canned green chili peppers, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
Cut meat into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray, heat and cook onions and garlic until onions are lightly browned. Add meat and cook, stirring, until well-browned.
Stir in wine, tomato paste, water and bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms and chile. Cook for 10 minutes more. Stir in bacon and tarragon. Serve.