- 1/2 oz instant vanilla pudding dry mix, sugar-free, (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 fl oz rum, dark, or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 medium banana(s), cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 item(s) amaretti cookie(s), made into fine crumbs
Whisk together the pudding and milk in a medium bowl until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, about 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
Alternately layer the pudding, banana mixture, and cookie crumbs in 2 (6-ounce) parfait glasses. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for up to several hours.
Alternately layer the pudding, banana mixture, and cookie crumbs in 2 (6-ounce) parfait glasses. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for up to several hours. Yields 1 parfait per serving.
- According to John Mariani in The Dictionary of American Food and Drink, Bananas Foster was created at Brennan’s restaurant in New Orleans in the 1950s as part of a Breakfast at Brennan’s promotion. It was named after Mr. Foster, who happened to be one of their regular customers.