Vanilla wafers make a quick and crunchy crust for this creamy, layered treat.
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 large uncooked egg yolk(s), lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 36 item(s) reduced fat vanilla wafer(s)
- 3 large banana(s), sliced
- 2 cup(s) fat free whipped topping, thawed
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
Combine flour, sugar and salt in a 3-quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir with a whisk. Gradually add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring well. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla, stirring until butter melts.
Place 12 vanilla wafers in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Arrange one-third of banana over cookies. Spoon one-third of pudding mixture over banana; repeat procedure with remaining cookies, banana and pudding, ending with pudding. Spoon whipped topping over pudding and spread evenly. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 3⁄4 cup).