Baked Spaghetti Carbonara
- 8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 4 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon, diced
- 2 medium uncooked leek(s), chopped (white parts only)
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions (without added oil); drain and transfer to a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add leeks and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in oregano, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon bacon mixture evenly over spaghetti in pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg substitute, garlic powder and onion powder; pour over spaghetti mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake until filling is set and top is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing into 6 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.