Baked Samosa Egg Roll Triangles
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
12 oz, peeled and cubed
2 large clove(s), minced
Frozen green peas
½ cup(s), thawed
1 tsp, divided
Egg roll wrapper(s)
1 cup(s), leaves and stems, loosely packed
Fresh mint leaves
1 cup(s), loosely packed
Fresh lime juice
2 tsp, peeled and minced
1 item(s), or jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until just golden, about 1 minute. Stir in garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in potatoes; coarsely mash potatoes with a fork. Stir in peas and ¾ tsp salt. Remove pan from heat.
- Working with 1 egg roll wrapper at a time, cut wrapper in half. Moisten all edges of wrapper with water. Place about 1 tbsp filling at the end of each piece of wrapper; fold one corner over the filling to form a triangle shape, and continue folding in a flag fashion to form a triangle. Press seams to seal. Place on prepared sheet pan. Repeat process with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Coat tops of samosas with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until crisp and browned, 15 to 18 minutes. While samosas bake, in a mini food processor, place cilantro and mint; pulse until finely chopped. Add water, lime juice, ginger, serrano, and remaining ⅛ tsp salt; process until almost smooth. Serve chutney with samosas.
- Serving size: 2 samosas and 2 tsp chutney