Asparagus "Frites" by Daphne Oz
I let the asparagus roast a little longer than most people would but as they get that deep, dark golden brown color, they're also getting extra crispy. There's a part of me that feels as if I'm eating "healthier" French fries (hence the "frites") when I have them, which I'm totally okay with.
2 pound(s), medium to medium-thick
Extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp, or more to taste
1 tsp, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Hold each asparagus spear at the middle and bend the spear near the woody end to snap it off--about an inch or so should snap off (discard the woody ends). Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle the mixture over the asparagus and roll the spears in the mixture to evenly coat them.
- Roast the spears for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on thickness), until the tips turn deeply golden brown and become crisp, shaking the baking sheet occasionally to distribute and roast all sides evenly.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
- Serving size: 1/6th of asparagus