Asian-Spiced Flank Steak with Pineapple-Pepper Salsa
- Total Time
A few basic seasonings give flank steak great flavor. The fresh salsa is lovely as is. Or add crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
low sodium soy sauce3 Tbsp
ginger root1 ½ tsp, fresh, grated
garlic powder⅛ tsp, or to taste
uncooked lean flank steak1 pound(s), about 1/2-inch thickSALSA
pineapple1 cup(s), diced
sweet red pepper(s)¼ cup(s), diced
uncooked scallion(s)2 Tbsp, sliced
low sodium soy sauce2 tsp
ginger root½ tsp, fresh, grated
- In a glass bowl with lid (or a food storage bag), combine first three ingredients. Add steak, turn to coat and cover bowl (or place steak in bag, seal bag and turn to coat); refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak for 5 minutes on first side; flip and grill until well-browned on outside and medium-rare inside, about 5 to 6 minutes more. Remove steak to a clean plate; let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
- Thinly slice steak across grain and serve with salsa. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces steak and 1/3 cup salsa per serving.