Asian spaghetti squash salad
Uncooked spaghetti squash
2½ pound(s), (1 squash), halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tsp, fresh peeled
Dark sesame oil
½ tsp, (Asian)
Crushed red pepper flakes
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, diced
½ medium, cut into matchstick strips
1 average, or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 medium, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
- Place squash halves, cut side down, in microwavable dish. Cover with wax paper and microwave on High until tender when pierced with knife, 18–20 minutes. Turn squash over and let cool 5 minutes. With fork, scrape squash into large bowl and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk together vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, salt, and red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Add bell pepper, cucumber, and serrano to squash and toss to combine. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or transfer to airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with scallions and cilantro just before serving.
- Per serving: generous 1/2 cup