Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Total Time
uncooked spaghetti squash2 ½ pound(s), (1 squash), halved lengthwise and seeded
rice vinegar2 Tbsp
minced ginger1 tsp, fresh peeled
dark sesame oil½ tsp, (Asian)
table salt½ tsp
crushed red pepper flakes⅛ tsp
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red variety, diced
English cucumber(s)½ medium, cut into matchstick strips
serrano chile(s)1 average, or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
uncooked scallion(s)2 medium, thinly sliced
cilantro¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
- Place squash halves, cut side down, in microwavable dish. Cover with wax paper and microwave on High until tender when pierced with knife, 18–20 minutes. Turn squash over and let cool 5 minutes. With fork, scrape squash into large bowl and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk together vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, salt, and red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Add bell pepper, cucumber, and serrano to squash and toss to combine. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or transfer to airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with scallions and cilantro just before serving.
- Per serving: generous 1/2 cup