- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 oz uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, cut into twenty-four 1-inch cubes
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 medium uncooked scallion(s), white and light green parts only, cut into twenty-four 1-inch pieces
In a cup, stir together soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey; pour all but 1 tablespoon soy mixture into a resealable plastic bag (or glass bowl). Add beef to bag (or bowl); seal bag and turn to coat beef (or stir beef in bowl and cover). Refrigerate beef for at least 6 hours but up to 24 hours.
Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add scallions and increase heat to high; cook scallions, tossing gently, until light golden in spots, but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Remove scallions to a plate; drizzle with reserved tablespoon of marinade and set aside.
Off heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add beef; discard marinade. Increase heat to medium-high and cook beef, flipping occasionally, until cooked through and lightly browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
To serve, skewer 1 piece beef and 1 piece scallion on each of 24 wooden tooth picks or small skewers. Yields 3 skewers per serving.
- This recipe can also be made into a more substantial appetizer by skewering 3 pieces of beef and 3 scallions on 6- to 8-inch wooden skewers (will affect serving size and SmartPoints value).For an attractive garnish, slice the dark green parts of the scallions that aren’t used in the recipe and sprinkle them on just before serving.