Apple-Walnut Phyllo Purses
- Total Time
cooking spray9 spray(s)
fresh apple(s)2 large, Granny Smith variety, peeled, cored, and diced
unpacked brown sugar2 Tbsp
unpacked brown sugar2 tsp
white all-purpose flour2 tsp
Frontier Seasoning Blends Apple Pie Spice1 ¼ tsp
phyllo dough4 sheet(s), (12 x 17-inch sheets), thawed if frozen
chopped walnuts2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 4 (8-ounce) ramekins or custard cups with nonstick spray.
- Mix together apples, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, the flour, and apple pie spice in medium bowl.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on cutting board. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with damp kitchen towel and plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Lightly spray phyllo with nonstick spray and cut into quarters. Lay phyllo quarters on top of each other to create stack. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, making total of 4 stacks.
- Gently ease each phyllo stack into prepared ramekin, pressing it against bottom and side. Divide filling evenly among ramekins and sprinkle with walnuts. Gather edges of phyllo together to partially cover filling. Lightly spray filling with nonstick spray and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons brown sugar.
- Place ramekins on small rimmed baking sheet. Bake until phyllo is golden and filling is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
- Per serving: 1 dessert