2½ pound(s), such as Fuji, Braeburn, or Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1½ tsp, grated
Fresh lemon juice
Packed light brown sugar
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with round of parchment paper. Spray parchment and side of pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together ﬂour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Put apples in large bowl. Add lemon zest and juice; toss until coated. Transfer apple mixture to prepared springform pan, pressing down to form compact layer.
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl until thickened. Reduce speed to low; beat in yogurt and vanilla. With rubber spatula, fold in ﬂour mixture just until no longer visible.
- Pour batter over apples, spreading to completely cover apples. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and apples are tender, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Run thin knife around edge of pan to loosen pie. Carefully remove side of pan and let cool completely on rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
- Per serving: 1/12 of pie