Angel Hair Pasta with Roasted Vegetable Sauce
- Total Time
eggplant(s)1 small, baby variety, cut into 1/2-inch slices
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red, cut into 8 strips
table salt¾ tsp
uncooked angel hair pasta½ pound(s)
olive oil2 tsp
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), minced
fresh tomato(es)2 large, coarsely chopped
fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth½ cup(s)
red pepper flakes¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp
basil2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
chives2 Tbsp, minced fresh
reduced-fat feta cheese6 Tbsp, crumbled
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place eggplant and bell pepper on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with olive-oil nonstick spray. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Spread to form even layer. Bake until vegetables are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add roasted eggplant and bell pepper, broth, red pepper flakes, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper and bring to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broth is reduced slightly, 2–3 minutes. Add pasta, basil, and chives and toss to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 plates and sprinkle with feta.
- Per serving (1½ cups pasta and 1 tablespoon cheese)