Stretch It Out
This simple stretch routine can help you relax and unwind.
Published October 30, 2016
Make time to unwind
Give your body some extra love with this simple wind-down sequence. You can do it at anytime, anywhere, but it’s particularly nice followed by a soak in a hot bath.
- Stand upright and keep your feet hip distance apart. (Try the yoga trick: fit two fists between your standing feet.)
- Keeping your arms loose, move your shoulders up and forward. Then move them back and down.
- Continue moving in this circular motion for about 45 seconds or longer.
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Bend at the hips, so your upper body is parallel to the floor.
- Keep your legs at a slight bend and let your arms hang straight down or hold your elbows — whatever feels best!
- Slowly straighten your knees to feel a stretch in the backs of your legs.
- Lie on your back.
- Bring your right knee up to your chest, then let it fall to the left, with your left hand on your right knee while you stretch your right arm out straight. Look to your right.
- Repeat the twist on the other side.