Mamma mia! These are not your same-old pizza pies! What’s new? Tasty veggies like cauliflower, zucchini, squash, and eggplant add a boost of nutrition and great taste to their super-crisp crusts. And our topping combinations are perfect complements. Let’s dig in!
Give your pizza more pizzazz with these crust and topping ideas:
- For extra flavor, season veggie crusts with minced herbs, spices, and sharply flavored grated cheeses like pecorino Romano before you bake them.
- Go gluten-free by swapping in a GF baking mix for flour in any of these recipes.
- Get creative with additional toppings like crumbled cooked turkey sausage, minced onions and peppers, and other reduced-fat cheeses you enjoy, such as provolone or Gruyère.
- Parchment paper on baking sheets makes for easy cleanup, plus its nonstick, moisture-absorbing surface yields crisper crusts.
- All of these crusts can be made in advance to save time. Just be sure to crisp them on an oven rack at 350°F for 5–10 minutes before adding toppings.