French Toast 4 Ways!
Try these topping ideas!
Strawberries & Cream (2 SmartPoints values)
Fresh sliced strawberries
3 tbsp Cool whip topping
Sauteed Brown Sugar Pear (2 SmartPoints values)
1 small ripe pear diced
2 tsp brown sugar (2 SP)
• Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add pears and brown sugar; sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until pears are tender and juicy (about 5 minutes).
Maple-Pecan Grilled Banana (2 SmartPoints values)
1 small ripe but firm banana, sliced in half lengthwise (leave peel on)
pinch ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp toasted chopped pecans
1 tsp maple syrup
• Off heat, coat a stove-top grill pan with cooking spray; heat to medium.
• Sprinkle cut sides of bananas with cinnamon; lightly brush with 1 tsp maple syrup. Cook, cut sides-down, until grill marks appear, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until bananas start to pull away from peel and soften, 3-5 minutes.
• Remove banana from grill; remove peel and roughly chop. Drizzle with remaining . tsp maple syrup; sprinkle with pecan (dust with additional cinnamon, if desired).
Lemony Ricotta and Blueberries (3 SmartPoints values)
3 Tbsp part skim ricotta
1 . tsp powdered sugar
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
• Combine ricotta, sugar, lemon zest and juice in small cup; spread over or dollop onto French toast. Top with blueberries.