White bean, corn & herb fritters with red pepper salsa
Sweetcorn, frozen, boiled
Cannellini Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained, drained & rinsed
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
50 g, self-raising
Sweet potato(es), raw
350 g, grated
3 medium, trimmed & thinly sliced
2 tablespoons, chopped
Salad (zero SmartPoints values)
4 portion(s), to serve
1 medium, finely diced
1 large, finely chopped
1 medium, halved, stone removed, chopped
1 tablespoons, chopped
- Cook the corn in a pan of boiling water to pack instructions, then drain and set aside to cool.
- Put the beans in a large bowl and roughly mash using a fork. Stir in the eggs and flour, then the sweetcorn, sweet potatoes, spring onions and the mint until combined. Season.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Working in batches, put 2 tablespoonfuls of the bean mixture into the pan per fritter and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and bean mixture to make 16 fritters.
- Meanwhile, to make the red pepper salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve 4 fritters per person topped with the red pepper salsa and the mixed green salad on the side.