Weekday chicken & ‘chips’
Calorie controlled cooking spray
New potatoes, raw
Bay leaf, dry
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a roasting tin with cooking spray, add the potatoes and onion in a single layer, then mist again with cooking spray. Put in the preheated oven while you brown the chicken.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the chicken fillets and cook for 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Remove from the pan and make three slashes diagonally on the top of each fillet. Put a bay leaf in each cut.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven, turn the potatoes and arrange the pepper, tomatoes and garlic on top. Scatter over the thyme sprigs then lay the chicken fillets on top of the veg. Season to taste.
- Roast for a further 20 minutes, then remove the garlic cloves and set aside. Roast the chicken and veg for another 5-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, harissa paste and lemon juice.
- Remove the bay leaves and thyme sprigs from the tin and discard. Serve the chicken and vegetables with a spoonful of the garlic mayonnaise on the side.