Veggie filo tart
Calorie controlled cooking spray
180 g, 4x45g, measuring 50x24cm
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
1 teaspoons, level, or mixed Italian herbs
1 portion(s), to serve
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C, fan oven 200°C. Spray the Swiss roll tin or large baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- Lay 2 sheets of filo pastry on the tin or baking sheet (they will overhang it at the moment) and spray them with the cooking spray. Lay the other 2 sheets on top and spray once more. Scrunch up the edges to fit the tin, to form a border. Bake the pastry in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the asparagus into the saucepan and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Boil for 2 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, slice the courgette and spring onions in the food processor. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Drain the asparagus, beat the egg, crème fraiche and herbs together and season.
- Take the filo tart out of the oven and pour the egg mixture on top of it. Scatter the courgette, spring onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes over the surface. Bake for a further 10-12 minutes until the egg mixture is set.
- Cool the tart for a few minutes; cut it into quarters and serve warm or cold, scattered with the basil or rocket leaves.