Turkey shepherd's pie
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Reduced Fat Soured Cream
Low Fat Spread
Sweetcorn, frozen, boiled
Turkey Breast Mince, raw
1½ tablespoons, level
½ teaspoons, level
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Chicken stock cube(s)
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and return to the pan, then add the soured cream and low-fat spread. Season to taste and mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes until softened. Stir in the corn and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the turkey for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, until browned. Stir in the tomato purée, rosemary and thyme, then season and cook for 2 minutes. Return the carrot mixture to the pan, stir in the flour and chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6, and mist a 20cm x 30cm baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon the turkey mince mixture into the prepared baking dish then spread over the mashed potatoes. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the potato topping is golden.