Sweetcorn & carrot fritters
Sweetcorn, canned, drained
2 can(s), medium
1 teaspoons, level
2 teaspoons, level
White Self Raising Flour
Egg, whole, raw
5 medium, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 can(s), large, drained
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas mark 3. Put the sweetcorn, carrots, garlic and spices into a bowl and stir to combine. Season to taste, then stir in the flour. Beat 1 of the eggs, then add to the mixture and mix well. Form the mixture into 8 patties, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties in batches of 4 for 3 minutes on each side, until just golden. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven, then repeat with the remaining patties.
- Wipe the pan clean, then mist with more cooking spray and fry the remaining eggs for 3-4 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are still soft.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl, then season to taste. In a separate bowl, toss together the chickpeas, tomatoes and red onion, then spoon over the yogurt mixture. Scatter over the parsley and toss to combine.
- Serve the fritters with the fried eggs and chickpea salad, with the extra parsley and some freshly ground black pepper scattered over.