Sweet & sour pork with egg fried rice
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Pork Tenderloin, raw
500 g, fat trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
1 medium, finely sliced
2 medium, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 medium, deseeded and roughly chopped
200 g, chunks
Rice Wine Vinegar
2½ tablespoon(s), level
1 tablespoon(s), level
2 medium, 1 trimmed and finely chopped and 1 sliced lengthways, to garnish
Brown Rice, dry
Peas, frozen, boiled
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw, lightly beaten
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mist a frying pan with cooking spray and cook the pork over a medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes until browned, then transfer to a plate and drain any liquid from the pan. Mist the pan again, add the onion and peppers and cook for 6-8 minutes until soft. Add the pineapple for another minute, then transfer to the plate with the pork.
- In a small jug, mix the rice wine vinegar, honey, cornflour and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce with 100ml water. Pour the sauce into the cooking pan and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Return the pork and vegetables and pineapple to the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the pork is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the egg fried rice. Mist another frying pan with cooking spray, add the cooked rice and fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the remaining soy sauce, the finely chopped spring onion and the peas, and stir to combine. Push the fried rice to one side of the pan and pour the eggs into the space. Leave to cook for 1 minute until just set, then scramble them and mix into the rice.
- Serve the pork garnished with the sliced spring onion, with the egg fried rice on the side.