Spinach & pea frittata
Using spaghetti in this filling frittata makes a tasty alternative to potatoes
White pasta, dry
125 g, spaghetti
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, thinly sliced
Egg, whole, raw
7 medium, raw
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
2 clove(s), crushed
Peas, fresh or frozen
100 g, thawed
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti to pack instructions. Drain, cool under cold running water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mist a deep, 30cm-round, ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray and heat over a low heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large jug. Add the parmesan, then season. Gently stir in 50g of the ricotta, making sure you don’t break it up too much. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir for 1 minute, or until just wilting. Stir in the spaghetti and petits pois and season.
- Pour over the egg mixture then swirl the pan so the egg evenly covers all the ingredients. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Preheat the grill to low.
- Once the frittata is almost set, dot the remaining ricotta over the top and cook under the grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the top is set. Serve with the salad leaves.