- 400 g Chicken breast mince, raw
- 1 medium Onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes, chopped
- 700 g Passata
- 1 tablespoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 1 teaspoons, level Oregano, Dried
- 320 g White pasta, dry, spaghetti
- 4 leaf/leaves Basil, fresh, torn
Combine chicken mince, onion and garlic in a medium bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs (about 2 tablespoons each ball).
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add meatballs and cook until brown on each side, turning frequently for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, passata, tomato puree and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has slightly reduced. While meatballs are cooking, boil pasta in a large saucepan of salted water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
Remove meatball mixture from heat and stir in basil leaves. Spoon over hot spaghetti and serve immediately.
- Any leftover meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and are best reheated in a microwave. The meatballs are also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months.