Spaghetti with butternut squash, white beans & kale
1200 g, peeled, seeded and cut into 1.5cm cubes
2 clove(s), crushed
White pasta, dry
170 g, spaghetti
1 small, thinly sliced
Cannellini Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
Vinegar, All Types
1 teaspoons, apple cider
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
2 tablespoons, grated
1 teaspoons, 4 thinly sliced leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Spread the walnuts out on a small baking tray and roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes, until toasted. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little, then chop and set aside.
- Toss the squash with the garlic and 2 tsp of the oil, then season. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Set aside and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain, reserving 350ml of the cooking water. Transfer 1/3 of the squash to a food processor. Add roughly 250ml of the reserved cooking water and blitz until you have a smooth sauce.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the kale and fry for a further 4 minutes, until wilted.
- Add the beans, drained spaghetti, reserved squash, squash purée and vinegar, and season to taste. Stir well to combine. For a looser sauce, add more of the reserved cooking water a little at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Serve immediately, topped with the walnuts, cheese and sage.