Sausage & broccoli toad in the hole
Enjoy this traditional family fave for a yummy comforting dinner.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Pork Sausage(s), raw
8 sausage(s), thin
Plain White Flour
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
350 g, broken into florets
Gravy granules, dry
4 portion(s), medium, steamed to serve
- Preheat the oven to 240°C, fan 220°C, gas mark 9.
- Mist a roasting tin with cooking spray, then add the sausages and mist them with cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Make a batter by sifting the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the milk and egg and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, simmer the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the broccoli. Pour in the batter and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the batter is risen and golden.
- Make a gravy by mixing the granules with 450ml (15¾fl oz) boiling water. Serve the toad with the gravy and steamed runner beans.