Salmon fish fingers with chips
700 g, 2 large potatoes, cut into thin wedges
25 g, panko
½ zest(s) of 1
1 teaspoons, level, smoked
Dried Mixed Herbs
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
4 fillet(s), medium, skinless
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
20 g, finely chopped
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7. Put the potato wedges on a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and season well. Bake for 40 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, almonds, lemon zest, paprika and dried herbs in a bowl, and season well. Put the flour in a second bowl and season, then put the egg in a third bowl. Cut each salmon fillet in half lengthways, then in half widthways to make 16 fish fingers.
- Coat a fish finger in the flour, then dip it into the beaten egg and finally roll it in the breadcrumbs until evenly coated. Set aside on a baking tray while you repeat with the remaining salmon. Chill for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Bake the fish alongside the chips for the final 10 minutes of cooking time, until cooked through and golden.
- Combine the yogurt with the dill and season to taste. Serve the fish fingers and chips with the dip and lemon wedges.