Rich chocolate brownies
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Black beans in water
½ can(s), medium, drained
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
4 large, raw
1 teaspoon(s), level
Plain White Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a 20cm square cake tin with cooking spray and line it.
- In a blender or mini food processor, blitz the black beans and coffee until smooth, then set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and spread in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water in the pan and keep on a very low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With the mixer on a low speed, add the melted chocolate to the eggs and mix well. Add the black bean mixture, vanilla and salt, when combined, add the flour and beat thoroughly on a low speed.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin. Smooth the surface so it’s even, then bake for 25-30 minutes until only a few crumbs remain when you poke it with a skewer or cocktail stick. Remove the tin from the oven and place on a wire rack. Leave until entirely cool, then remove the brownies. Cut into 24 pieces and serve.