Prawn katsu burgers
King Prawns, Raw
½ tablespoons, level
Egg white(s), raw
2 medium, finely chopped
10 g, grated
50 g, panko
100 g, finely shredded
½ teaspoons, heaped
- Put half the prawns in a food processor and blitz to a chunky paste. Roughly chop the remaining prawns and put in a bowl with the cornflour, egg white, spring onions, ginger and prawn paste. Mix well to combine, then shape into two burgers.
- Put the panko breadcrumbs on a plate and press the burgers into the crumbs, until they are well coated. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat the oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan and cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown all over.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the ingredients for the katsu sauce until smooth and combined.
- Halve and toast the burger buns, and fill with the shredded cabbage, prawn patties and katsu sauce, then serve.