Prawn & chorizo frittata
Calorie controlled cooking spray
200 g, peeled
1 small, finely chopped
1 medium, deseeded and finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
Peas, fresh or frozen
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Egg white(s), raw
1 zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
New potatoes, raw
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and allow to steam for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a 15cm nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Mist the same frying pan with cooking spray, add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to the plate with the chorizo.
- Re-mist the same pan with cooking spray, add the onion, pepper and garlic and stir for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the peas and cook for 1 more minute. Return the chorizo and prawns to the pan and spread to distribute.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to High. Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl and season to taste. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the base and sides are just set, then put the pan under a grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the fennel, rocket, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Season to taste. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with the fennel salad.