Piri piri kebabs
- Total Time
Perfect for the barbecue season.
Tilda Brown Basmati Rice200 g
Garlic1 clove(s), crushed
Chilli Powder¼ teaspoons, level
Paprika1 teaspoons, level
Oregano, Dried½ teaspoons, level
Thyme, Dried¼ teaspoons, level
White Wine Vinegar1 tablespoons, or lemon juice
Chicken breast, skinless, raw500 g, cubed
Red pepper(s)1 medium, de-seeded and chopped roughly
Green Pepper(s)1 medium, de-seeded and chopped roughly
Calorie controlled cooking spray4 spray(s)
Sweetcorn, canned, drained175 g
0% fat natural Greek yogurt150 g
Parsley, fresh4 sprig(s), fresh, to garnish
- Add the rice to a pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions. Preheat the grill and line the grill pan with foil.
- Combine the garlic, spices, dried herbs and vinegar or lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss the chicken in the mixture to coat.
- Thread the chicken and peppers on to 4 skewers. Spray with the cooking spray and grill for 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning the kebabs occasionally.
- When the rice is tender, stir in the sweetcorn and allow it to heat through for 1 minute. Drain and divide the rice between 4 plates.
- Add a kebab to each plate, drizzling any cooking juices from the grill pan over the top. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with the yogurt.
- Cooks Tip: If you like your food fairly spicy, increase the chilli powder to ½ teaspoon to give this recipe a bit more of a kick. When using wooden skewers, soak them first in cold water for about 30 minutes, to stop them from burning under the grill.