Parsley chicken kiev with celeriac mash
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Medium fat soft cheese
4 tablespoons, chopped, plus extra to serve
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 whole, raw, peeled and chopped
Peas, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Insert a knife into the thickest part of each chicken fillet and cut a pocket along two-thirds of its length.
- Combine the Philadelphia, garlic and half the parsley, then season and spoon into the pockets.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs onto separate plates. Dip the kievs into the flour, then the egg and finally the crumbs. Put on a baking tray, mist with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the celeriac for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash, then stir in the remaining parsley.
- Serve the chicken with the mash and peas, garnished with the extra parsley and the mint.