Butternut, sage & ricotta pasta
White pasta, dry
350 g, pappardelle
400 g, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
Lemon Juice, Fresh
10 g, roughly chopped
25 g, toasted and roughly chopped
80 g, crumbled
- Heat half the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Cook the sage leaves for 1 minute or until crisp. Transfer to a plate and leave to cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta to pack instructions, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the remaining oil in the same pan used to cook the sage. Cook the squash, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 125ml of the cooking water, then add the reserved pasta cooking water to the pan with the squash. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the squash is tender. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Put the pasta in a large serving bowl, then toss through the parsley, walnuts and squash. Season and serve garnished with the ricotta and sage.