SmartPoints® value per serving
Put a little time aside this Christmas and make your own weight loss friendly mince pies - they look amazing and taste divine.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Plain White Flour
Low Fat Spread
5 teaspoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
1 medium, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a non-stick patty tin with cooking spray.
- Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the spread until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.Using a knife, stir in 3 tsp of the icing sugar and most of the egg until the mixture comes together (add a few drops of cold water if it becomes too dry).
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour then roll out the pastry to around 5mm thick. Using a 7.5cm cutter, stamp out 12 rounds, re-rolling the trimmings as needed. Using a 6cm-wide star-shaped cutter, stamp out 12 stars from the remaining pastry. Press the rounds into base of the prepared tin. Combine the mincemeat and apple in a bowl then spoon the filling between the patty tin holes. Top with the star pastry then brush over the remaining egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and sprinkle over the remaining icing sugar.