Mexican street-style pasta salad
White pasta, dry
160 g, macaroni
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Sweetcorn, canned, drained
285 g, 340g tin
1 medium, deseeded and diced
Biona Organic Black Beans in Water
380 g, drained, drained and rinsed
150 g, peeled, stone removed and roughly chopped (150g prepared weight)
3 medium, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
¼ teaspoons, level, smoked
1 zest(s) of 1, grated
Lime Juice, Fresh
Light Feta Cheese
65 g, crumbled
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water to pack instructions. Drain, then rinse under cold running water. Drain again and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and put over a high heat. Add the sweetcorn and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to char. Remove from the heat, season to taste and set aside to cool.
- Put the pasta, sweetcorn and pepper mixture, the black beans, avocado, spring onions, coriander and jalapeño in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, smoked paprika and the lime zest and juice in a small bowl, and season to taste. Drizzle over the pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Scatter the feta and extra coriander over the pasta salad, then serve.