- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 3 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
- 75 g Caster Sugar
- 2 medium Lemon(s), use zest from both
- 75 g Plain White Flour, plain
- 1 pinch Salt
- 200 g Medium fat soft cheese
- 2 tablespoons 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons, level Lemon Curd
- 75 g Raspberries, thawed if frozen
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C/375°F. Spray a 26x16cm or a 23cm (9 inch) square cake tin with low fat cooking spray and line with non-stick baking paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, caster sugar and half the lemon zest together using a hand-held electric mixer until very thick, light and airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the flour and salt using a large metal spoon. Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface.
Bake the cake for 10-12 minutes until risen and firm, yet slightly springy to touch. Cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cake and cool completely. Peel away the lining paper.
Beat the low fat soft cheese with the yogurt, lemon curd and half the remaining lemon zest. Spread over the cooled cake, then top with the raspberries, squashing them down slightly into the topping. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top. Cut into 8, then serve.
- Keep any remaining cake covered and refrigerated, though serve at room temperature.This recipe is suitable for the Vegetarian and Higher Carb approach.