Jersey royal, asparagus & bacon frittata
250 g, Jersey Royals, halved
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Bacon medallions, raw
100 g, roughly chopped
4 medium, trimmed and sliced
Egg, whole, raw
8 medium, raw
1 teaspoon(s), finely chopped
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Mist a small, deep, ovenproof pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes, or until starting to crisp. Add the spring onions and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Preheat the grill to high. Stir the bacon and spring onions into the eggs, then add the chives and season well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, add the potatoes then arrange the asparagus on top. Cook under the grill for 6-8 minutes, until the eggs are golden and just set.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then cut the frittata into four wedges to serve. Serve with a big green salad.