Ginger and chocolate flapjacks
- Total Time
A few healthy ingredient swaps make these flapjacks both delicious yet low in SmartPoints
Low Fat Spread100 g
Banana(s)75 g, mashed
Groovy Food Co. Agave Nectar Light Amber & Mild50 g
Pip & Nut Smooth Almond Butter30 g
Porridge oats175 g
Blue Dragon Stem Ginger in Syrup½ serving(s), finely chopped
Ground Ginger1 teaspoons, level
Dark Chocolate25 g, melted
- Heat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Line an 18cm square tin with baking paper.
- Put the low fat spread, banana, agave syrup, and almond butter in a large pan and heat gently over a medium-low heat. Stir until both the spread and almond butter have melted.
- Add the porridge oats, stem ginger and ground ginger to the pan and mix until combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top using the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove, allow to cool slightly, and then cut into 16 equal squares. Leave to cool completely before drizzling over the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has set and then serve.