Garlic mushroom & rustic bean bruschetta
SmartPoints® value per serving
Try this simple but elegant bruschetta, which goes from kitchen to table in under 30 minutes.
Cannellini Beans, cooked
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
1 teaspoons, level
Low Fat Soft Cheese
Coarse Grain Mustard
½ teaspoons, level
¼ zest(s) of 1
- Reserve a few thyme leaves to garnish then place the rest in a lidded saucepan with the mushrooms, garlic, 2 tablespoons of water and a seasoning of black pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are juicy, then remove the lid and cook for 2–3 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Meanwhile, cut a slice of ciabatta. Toast under the grill until golden and crisp.
- Tip the cannellini beans and their liquid into another saucepan and cook gently for 2–3 minutes until heated through. Drain the beans then use a hand blender to whizz to a purée with the crème fraiche, soft cheese, mustard and lemon zest.
- Spoon the bean purée on top of the ciabatta toast and pile the mushrooms on top. Serve straightaway, garnished with the reserved thyme leaves.