Courgette & halloumi burger
2 medium, trimmed and grated
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
50 g, white
2 tablespoon(s), chopped, plus extra whole leaves to serve
2 clove(s), crushed
Calorie controlled cooking spray
80 g, cut into 4 slices
Crusty white bread roll
Sweet tomato & chilli chutney
- Wrap the courgette in a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. Put in a bowl with the eggs, breadcrumbs, mint and garlic. Season and stir to combine. Shape into 4 patties and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Fry the patties for 6-7 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with kitchen foil to keep warm.
- Set a nonstick griddle pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Cook the halloumi slices for 1 minute on each side, until golden. Transfer to the plate with the courgette patties.
- Increase the heat and toast the rolls until golden.
- Put a patty on one half of each roll then top with a halloumi slice, the extra mint leaves, chutney and the remaining roll halves. Serve with the mixed salad leaves on the side.