Chilli crab cakes
WW Soft Malted Danish Bread
Crab, Canned in Brine
360 g, white crab meat, drained and broken into large flakes (3 x 170g tin)
1 tablespoons, picked and finely chopped
½ teaspoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
2 large, raw, lightly beaten
Plain White Flour
New potatoes, raw
400 g, baby, larger ones halved
WW Garlic & Chive Salad Dressing
- Blitz the bread in a food processor to form breadcrumbs, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, parsley and chilli. Add half the egg and half the breadcrumbs, then season and mix until fully combined. Shape into 4 large patties and set aside.
- Put the remaining egg and breadcrumbs into two separate shallow bowls, and the flour into a third. Whisk 1 tbsp water into the egg, and season the flour. Coat the crab cakes, one at a time, in the seasoned flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water, then bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and fry the crab cakes for 2 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until piping hot throughout.
- Dress the rocket with the salad dressing, then divide between plates. Serve the salad, fishcakes and potatoes with the extra chilli flakes scattered over the top.