Chickpea-crust pizza with broccoli & sausage
2 can(s), large, drained, drained
2 teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
⅛ teaspoons, level
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw
170 g, tenderstem
Tomato Pizza Topping
112 g, torn
Chicken sausage(s), grilled
2 individual, thinly sliced
¼ medium, chopped
- Place a pizza stone or heavy baking tray in the oven. Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 8 (leave baking stone or tray in oven as it heats).
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas and garlic until finely chopped, about 10 times. Add the cornflour, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Blitz for around 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture is smooth. Add the hard cheese and egg; blitz for 30 seconds until well blended.
- Spoon the chickpea purée onto a large piece of parchment paper and spread with a spatula to a thin 30cm circle. Slide the crust with the parchment paper onto the hot pizza stone or baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp around the edges.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan set over a high heat, bring water to the boil. Add the tenderstem broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool, then pat dry.
- Carefully remove the crust on the parchment from the oven, leaving the oven on. Spread the tomato sauce over the crust, leaving a 2cm border. Top with mozzarella, sausage, onion, broccoli and chilli flakes. Slide the pizza on the parchment back onto the baking tray or pizza stone. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the toppings are heated through. Cut the pizza into 8 equal slices and serve 2 per person.