Chicken tikka masala
This Indian-restaurant classic is served with brown rice and a tomato, onion and cucumber salad.
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
400 g, cubed
Brown basmati rice, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, chopped finely
2 tablespoon(s), tikka
3 clove(s), chopped
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned (7.7% Fat)
2 sprig(s), torn roughly
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon(s), finely grated
4 clove(s), crushed
4 large, chopped
1 small, chopped
1 extra large, chopped
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- Put the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish, season and stir to combine. Add the chicken, stir to coat, then cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Cook the rice to pack instructions. Meanwhile, preheat a large nonstick frying pan and mist with cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the excess, and fry over a medium high heat for around 8 minutes, until lightly charred and just cooked. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean, mist with cooking spray and add the onion. Gently cook for 10 minutes until softened – add a splash of water if it starts to stick. Add the curry paste, garlic and reserved yogurt marinade. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the passata and coconut milk to the curry and bring almost to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot. Stir the coriander through the curry and serve with the rice and salad.
Try serving this with mini naan breads, if you like.